No Remorse From The Dark Knight

 This choice:  The Caped Crusader.  (Back)

(Originally written by Windleaf)

-----------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Special nod to His Divine Shadow

-------------------------------------------------------

“B-Batman!?” Ivy gasped, “W-what are you doing here…?”

“The police are looking for you…” He said in a low, monotone voice.

“Why? We haven’t done anything wrong!” Ivy snapped back.

“Yeah Bats!” Yelled Harley “And hey, don't you usually come crashing through the window?”

"I want this to end as peacefully as possible. I didn't think doing that would be a good sign of faith."

Ivy rolled her eyes "Can't you just leave us alone for once?"

Unmoved by the plight of such remorseless criminals Batman continued, “They have reason to suspect that one of you was behind a recent disappearance. I came by to… sort things out… just in case this turns out to be a misunderstanding. May I come in?”

Sneering, Ivy turned her head and waved her hand back and forth “Invite yourself in if it pleases you. Remember that you are not welcomed in the slightest.”

Quietly the ominous figure of Batman entered the apartment. The apartment was not well kept; clothes and junk littered the floor. Ivy and Harley were themselves, scantily clad, and the credits rolling down the television of some movie, suggested that they hadn’t been asleep for the past couple hours. That didn’t implicate in anything them however, except maybe one thing. That wasn’t his concern so he began examining the apartment. Ivy grabbed the popcorn bowl and walked nonchalant into the kitchen.

“I can’t believe the Batman is here; what rotten lucky.” She whispered with exasperation “You didn’t have anything to do with this did you?” At once your heart felt like it might explode. “No, what am I saying? You couldn’t even lift a crumb without help…”

“Do you always talk to yourself like that?” Came Batman’s voice. Ivy looked at him viciously; her eyes ready to pierce, if only that Mask didn’t shield his face. Batman continued “Or is there someone you’re talking to?” He walked up to Ivy and his eyes glanced inside the bowl to see a miniature person. Under the mask, Batman’s face was one of immense surprise. What was going on here?

“I assume you’re not here of your own volition?” Batman inquired blankly.

“Goddamn right. Now get me the hell out of here.” You demanded.

“Pretty quick to betray us Worm.”

“Who is this and why did you kidnap him?” said Batman.

“Blake Marshall, Sole Proprietor of the Gotham City Paper Manufacture and renowned jackass.”

“You F@$%#**! missed the T again!” you exclaimed violently.

“Case in point…”

Batman stared at the shrunken man “The commissioner wouldn’t tell me who I was looking for. I think I know why. Marshall, if I recall correctly you were asked to give a speech a couple months ago at Bruce Wayne’s Fundraiser for Homeless Children.”

“What of it?”

“It seems you never made that speech. You went to the party drunk, refused to write a check because you were near the legal limit, barged up on stage with a stolen microphone and gave the most derogatory stand up comedy anyone has ever heard in front of young traumatized children.”

“A moment of weakness, I’ll admit.” You said shrugging off the accusation.

“I see…” Batman responded skeptically.

“You’re not going to hold that against me, are you?” Now you were starting to worry, “I mean, I had already lost several thousand dollars in a bad business deal.”

“What was your marginal profit for last year?”

“About 365 million I think… Er. Maybe less than that, hehe…” Shitfire.

“I think my business is done here. Ivy, let me know when you start committing crimes again. I’m not here to stop justice from happening.”

“Sure you don’t want to stick around and see what you’re missing out on?” Ivy said flashing a naughty smile.

“Thanks, I’ll pass.”

“What’re ya gonna tell the old man at the station?” asked Harley.

“I found nothing and have no reason to suspect that you are behind the disappearance.” Batman replied and left as quickly as he arrived.

“That went exceedingly well. Not even the Dark Knight has any sympathy for you Marshy.”

“But hey Mistah T, that means you can stay with us now. Those nosy officers shouldn’t come looking for you here anymore…”

“…That’s great Harley. You don’t know how… very much I’m pleased to hear that.”

"Ahem," Ivy says.... ">Choice<"


You now have these choices:

1. "I'm sorry Harley dear, but seeing Bats was a real turn off."

2. "Now where were we?" *

* indicates the next chapter is blank and needs to be created.

Path-Poison Ivy-1-1-1-1-2-2-1-1-1-2-1

Comments