Fight Back!

This choice: A fight (Back)

(Originally written by batman1)

"You know something Kara, sitting down and being your own personal footstool is one thing, but being your own little play toy, that's when I draw the line. You can't do this to me, treat me like I'm some low-life scumbag. I jumped line one time, that isn't grounds for life under your feet," you reply in defiance. For the first time, something is coursing through your veins that you've never felt before. You're now tasting something else than the bitter feel of defeat. Hope, defiance, individuality is running through your veins, giving you strength. Strength that you've never had before.

She rolls her eyes but you continue.

"Look, you sex-crazed vixen, I don't care if you find some weird joy in torturing your own fans to satisfy your little ambitions. You may be Super-girl, you maybe can land on Mars, but now I see why you can't land a boyfriend," you taunt. Instantly, you regret saying it.

In a split second, her entire demeanor changes. What was a cocky, arrogant smirk now turns into a cross glare of disdain. She now turns her full attention to her.

"Excuse me?"

"No excuse me, for thinking that getting an autograph for my well, former favorite superhero could be worth skipping a few people. Excuse me for thinking that you were actually a good person. No, now I understand. Behind your cute little costume, you're just a desperate little girl looking for some fan boy like me to achieve your warped little fantasies. You're sick," you spit, with venom practically dripping from your words.

She starts to respond, but stops. She considers you for a moment, her eyes studying your new found courage.

"You talk real tough to someone like me, someone who literally is tougher than nails. What makes you think you can possibly back it up? And tell me this, what do you think is stopping me from waltzing over there and-" she starts.

"Nothing, not a thing. Sure Kara, prove to the world how much of a role model you are. Pummel me in the ground, slice my arms off with your lasers, heck, freeze me like a Pop-Sickle with your freeze rays. Use your superpowers, it figures really. You wouldn't fight me fair and square anyway," you propose bravely. Suddenly, an idea glows like a light bulb inside your head. You now know what you must do, how you can escape from this vixen.

She bursts out laughing, her laughter mocking you. It almost freezes your insides, how she laughs at you like you're beneath her.

"You want to fight me? I have no idea where this new found bravado of your is coming from, but let me tell you, I think it's starting to affect your brain," she taunts.

"What, so you're scared?" you quickly say.

"If anyone should be scared sunny, it should be you," she purrs, taking a step forward. You instinctively take a step back. She giggles at this display of nervousness on your part.

"You see, I could beat you, powers or no powers. Not just beat you, cripple you. Make you wish you were never born. What makes you think you've got a chance of even beating me. Newsflash kid, you're not in my league, you couldn't beat me even if the fate of the world rested on your tiny little hands," she jeers.

"I don't need to beat you, Kara, but I am going to prove you wrong," you smile. Your plan is coming together.

"How, might I ask?" she yawns, cracking her knuckles.

"Simple, let's play a little game. One round, one fight. No superpowers, anything else goes. Either one of us win by either beating the other so badly that they can't even stand up, or by making them submit. You win, I'll do whatever you want, no questions asked. I win, you have to let me go, no crossed fingers, no going back on your word, no nothing. You give me your word, and I give you mine," you propose.

You could see that she ponders it for a quick minute, before answering.

"Alright, I'll accept your little game, boy. I'll play along, I've been meaning to warm-up before I go on tour. Plus when I'm done breaking you, I assume you'll accept the position and give my hot, steamy feet a nice little massage," she accepts. You stare at her booted feet in disgust before turning back to her.

BAM! She played directly into your hands. Her overconfidence once again will prove to be her downfall, and your biggest gain.

"No superpowers. You try anything, and I win by default. Agreed?" you remind her, and she shrugs.

"Doesn't matter, after this, you'll be practically begging me to stop".

You two shake on it, her grasp obviously firmer than yours. She holds on to you for a minute before pulling you in. She whispers into your ear, "I hope you know what you're getting yourself into", before pushing you away almost effortlessly.

You two circle each other for a moment.

You weigh your strategies. She obviously is a much more experienced and tactical fighter. She's fought alien invaders, supernatural entities, evil genius, probably much more while you've only had to fight the common cold. She obviously doesn't take you that seriously. Yet, you can use that against her. You need to fight something necessary for victory, something she can't contend with. You need to fight her ego. Using her overconfidence against her is key to victory.

She casually examines her fingernails before glaring back at you.

"You ready, big boy?" she yawns, bored.

"Bring it," you beckon. It's all or nothing here. What will you do first?


You have the following choices:

1. Gain the early advantage! Strike first, think later! *

2. Be smart! This is Supergirl, you can't afford to make a mistake! *

* indicates the next chapter is blank and needs to be created.

Path-Supergirl-2-2-2-2-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-1

Comments